Sustainable Vegan Leather Workshop
(with a complementary plant-based dessert)
Join our workshop to make your own sustainable coconut leather item and enjoy a quality plant-based dessert by Hong Kong's first plant-based pâtisserie, Bien Caramélisé!
In the workshop you will learn about:
• the innovative and sustainable Malai coconut leather including the story behind this innovation, how it is made and facts about the material
• a traditional hand sewing technique which you will use to hand stitch your own Malai coconut leather item
• ways to prepare the pre-cut pieces
• finishing techniques
At the end of the workshop, you will take home a sustainable and cruelty-free item that you can proudly say was made by you and also enjoy a delicious quality plant-based dessert by Bien Caramélisé!
[ What’s included? ]
• Practice materials
• Pre-cut Malai pieces with stitching holes (colour of your choice)
• Stitching thread
• A plant-based dessert by Bien Caramélisé at the end of the workshop
[ Colour Options ]
• Malai coconut leather - grey black, dark blue, natural, madder red
• Thread - black, white
All materials will be prepared specifically for each participant. Please confirm your choice of colour for the material and stitching thread at least 2 days before the workshop otherwise a random option will be given on the day.
[ Workshop Information ]
Suitable for adults only
Language: English (can also be in Cantonese)
Workshop tutor: Monica @ The Lovely Things
Workshop venue: Bien Caramélisé, Hentiff Building, Shop D, 1/F, 160 Prince Edward Road, Hong Kong (4 minutes walk from Prince Edward MTR Exit B1)
[ Workshop Dates ] By appointment only
Wednesdays: 2-4pm / 6-8pm
Thursdays: 2-4pm / 6-8pm
(Bookings and payments must be made at least 3 days in advance and are subject to availability.)
[ Booking Information ]
• A minimum of 3 participants are required to run a workshop, otherwise it may be rescheduled or cancelled.
• Full payment must be made at least 3 days before workshop date to secure your booking.
• Once you have signed up to our workshop, you agree to all the terms and conditions listed out here.
To sign up or for any enquiries, please whatsapp +852 51728693
or email firstname.lastname@example.org